There are lots of difficult cases that needs special abilities that I treat very confidently.
- cases of limb length discrepancy (like fibular hemimelia, tibial hemimelia, proximal focal femoral deficiency, congenital femoral deficiency, post traumatic and post infectious shortening)
- cases of adolescent hip pain (hip impingement, surgical dislocation of the hip, hip dysplasia). I can perform hip osteotomies like Ganz osteotomy, periacetabular osteotomy,
- Cerebral Pasly associated conditions.
- spinal deformities.
- Non union of fracture and bone infection: because Dr Abdelgawad is expert in application of external fixator, he is capable in addressing the very tough cases that other orthopedic surgeons do
not want to deal with. If you have a non union of bone or bone infection and other orthopedic surgeons do not want to perform surgeries on you, Dr Abdelgawad will be there to help you regain your
- Dr Abdelgawad is an expert in managing congenital anomalies of the extremities (both upper and lower). Children with very complex deformities (Radial club hand, cleft foot, hemimelia, tibial and
fibular, proximal femoral deficiency) all be can be treated by Dr Abdelgawad.
- Dr Abdelgawad is one of the world expert in treatment of clubfoot by the Ponseti method, his article about this treatment had been cited in more than 5 languages by more than 60 people.
- Dr Abdelgawad pediatric orthopedic, orthopedic trauma and foot and ankle patients can be seen in his office in Brooklyn