In Brooklyn Center for Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction (BCLLR), Dr Abdelgawad performs bone lenghening surgeries for conditions like:
1) Congenital limb length discrepancy
•Psuedarthrosis of tibia
•Damage to the growth plate
•MHE (Multiple Hereditary exostosis)
Dr Abdelgawad was trained with the 2 world leaders in Limb Lengthening and reconstrucion (Dr Herzenberg and Dr Paley) in Baltimore in Sinai Hospital. Dr Abdelgawad did years of studies new
techniques for limb lengthening and he carries the patent of the internal plate lengthener.
Dr Abdelgawad uses state of art techniques in management of limb lengthening.
This video will give you up date on limb lengthening
In Brooklyn Center for Limb
Lengthening and Reconstruction (BCLLR), Dr Abdelgawad treats the difficult cases that are usually not treated by other orthopedic surgeon.
Some of the patients who were
advised to get amputation due to infections or congenital deformities were treated by Dr Abdelgawad and had very good results
There are lots of difficult cases that needs special abilities that I treat
- Cases of limb length discrepancy (like fibular hemimelia, tibial
hemimelia, proximal focal femoral deficiency, congenital femoral deficiency, post traumatic and post infectious shortening)
- Cases of adolescent hip pain (hip impingement, surgical dislocation of the
hip, hip dysplasia). I can perform hip osteotomies like Ganz osteotomy, periacetabular osteotomy,
- Cerebral Pasly associated conditions.
- Spinal deformities.
- Non union of fracture and bone infection: because Dr Abdelgawad is expert
in application of external fixator, he is capable in addressing the very tough cases that other orthopedic surgeons do not want to deal with. If you have a non union of bone or bone infection and
other orthopedic surgeons do not want to perform surgeries on you, Dr Abdelgawad will be there to help you regain your function.
- Dr Abdelgawad is an expert in managing congenital anomalies of the
extremities (both upper and lower). Children with very complex deformities (Radial club hand, cleft foot, hemimelia, tibial and fibular, proximal femoral deficiency) all be can be treated by Dr
- Dr Abdelgawad is one of the world expert in treatment of clubfoot by the
Ponseti method, his article about this treatment had been cited in more than 5 languages by more than 60 people.
- Dr Abdelgawad pediatric orthopedic, orthopedic trauma and foot and ankle
patients can be seen in his office in Brooklyn
- Adolescent hip pain.
- Cases of ankle arthritis. Dr Abdelgawad can provide all surgical treatment
options for the ankle arthritis. He can perform ankle arthroplasty, ankle distraction and ankle fusion depending on your condition. Only very few surgeons in the world who can do that. Here in New
York, if you have ankle arthritis, you have to come to see Dr Abdelgawad.
- Erb's Palsy shoulder reconstruction (both tendon transfer and bone
If you have a question or interested in having surgery for limb lengthening and reconstruction, contact Dr Abdelgawad on BCLLR@amrabdelgawad.com