Foot and ankle:
Dr Abdelgawad does complicated foot and ankle cases including:
1) Adult cavus foot.
2) Adult acquired flat foot deformity
3) Charcot deformity of the foot (both by internal fixation and ring fixator)
4) Ankle and foot arthritis. Dr Abdelgawad can offer ankle fusion, ankle distraction and ankle arthroplasy.
5) Trauma to the ankle and foot (including Pilon fractures, intra articular fracture, calcaneus fracture, Lisfranc injury, and many other).
6) Tendon injuries
7) Persistant plantar fasciitis
8) Brachymetatarsia (short toe). Dr Abdelgawad perform the lengthening surgery.
Dr Abdelgawad is expert in correction of foot and ankle defromities. You may be experiencing flatfoot deformity that was not present before (adult aquired flat foot deformity) or (posterior tibial tendon dysfunction). Dr Abdelgawad can is expert in these conditions and other foot deformities
DIabetes causes "neuropathy" to the foot. This can lead to development of a very serious condition called "Charcot" foot. The charcot foot will result in deformity of the foot, and this will lead to development of "ulcers" of the foot over the bony prominence.
These ulcers can get infected and later ends with amputation.
Dr Abdelgawad is an expert in treatment of foot conditions associated with diabetes and charcot foot. This treatement ranges from internal fixation using minimal incicions to use of ring fixator to obtain gradual correction.